Automated SEO programs are popping up everywhere. Wouldn’t it be great if you could just set SEO and forget it? Writing blogs takes time and making sure your directory listings are up to date and accurate is an ongoing procedure. If there is software out there that can do all this for you wouldn’t that be better than manually entering all this information. What is a business owner to do?
The answer is yes there are programs that will do a goodly amount of this for you but it may be a net loss when you realize that in the end even these programs have to be managed by people. Once a company decides to try and utilize a SAAS (software as a service) program then you are also going to have to commit to hiring a technician that is familiar with the program you are implementing. This may raise the cost of automating a SEO program out of reach of most small to midsized businesses.
There are advantages and disadvantages of automating SEO. In the next few paragraphs we will lay out the advantages and disadvantages so you can see for yourself, and make an informed decision as to whether your company should go automated or stay the manual SEO course.
What is manual SEO?
Manual SEO as the terms indicates involves great amount of planning and coordination for the SEO team to carry out various activities on-page and off-page SEO activities. Manual SEO is considered organic and has the perception of being more authentic.
What is Automated SEO?
Automation has far exceeded the speed of manual efforts. A Multitude of efficient automated software programs exist which are successfully carry out basic SEO activities like social bookmarking, blog commenting, keyword researching, forum posting etc.
What is your SEO goal? Traffic?Conversion?
Creating a great website is one thing, but driving traffic to that site is another. As you may already know, search engine optimization(SEO) is one of the cheapest ways to drive highly targeted traffic to a website. With good on-page and off-page SEO, your website can take high positions on the SERPs thus driving a large amount of traffic to your website.
Pros and Cons of Manual SEO
· You have 100% control over your search engine optimization strategies.
· You are able certify that a SEO task has been handled according to plan.
· With manual SEO, you are able to improve your off-page SEO by handpicking backlinks.
· Manual SEO is extremely time consuming. An SEO expert/assistant can take hours to submit 10 websites to search engines.
· It involves a high-level dedication and effort on behalf of your SEO team. This dedication could be channeled to areas that cannot be automated.
· Automated SEO is quite economical. It is relatively cheaper, not to mention faster, to complete SEO tasks automatically than manually.
· You can easily handle the tedious and time-consuming tasks like site audits. You can check for broken links or keyword density, tags, and Meta content in large websites.
· When not used properly, SEO software can create low quality backlinks. The low quality backlinks can get your site penalized.
· Most SEO software focus on quantity over quality, which could lead to problems in the long run.
In the end like most processes in business a mix of manual and automated tasks seems to make the most sense
If you are considering re-assessing your SEO strategy consider a company like Results Business Marketing over 15 years of experience focusing primarily on Manual SEO. We offer affordable local SEO.
Results Business Marketing
Minneapilis St Paul and Across the US