Local SEO is where it’s at in 2016. If you own (or do online marketing for) a local business, you understand the challenges that come with this kind of campaign vs. that of a non-geo-specific brand.
That is a company that is trying to sell more nationally or globally. If you are a Plumber in MN you want to be found by those that are most likely to utilize your services in a given territory (local).
Local SEO is a lot different from your average SEO campaign, and the local search results are changing more rapidly than any other. There are some very basic tasks you can execute to gain an advantage on local listings, like anything it just takes a little time and effort to secure your local listings.
First off and foremost, If you haven’t already, you’ll need to claim your Google My Business page.
All you need to know is that once you’ve set it up, you should include the following:
- Add a long, unique description that’s formatted correctly and includes links.
- Choose the correct categories for your business.
- Upload as many photos as possible.
- Add a local phone number to your listing.
- Add your business address that’s consistent with that on your website and local directories.
- Upload a high-resolution profile image and cover photo.
- Add your opening times/days (if relevant).
- Get real reviews from customers (I’ll come onto this).
Why is local search so important? The BrightLocal team, which found that local search delivers a greater ROI than other digital marketing channels, according to its September 2015 survey. Further underscoring this finding: 34 percent of small business owners told BrightLocal that if they could only choose one marketing channel, they’d pick local search.This underscores the importance your competitors are putting on local search and why you should also.
For as many years as I can remember I have been working with websites and following the trends in search engine optimization. The ever changing trends have come to focus on local search and although it may change it is where we are at for now.
On-page SEO for local businesses conforms to some pretty old school SEO tactics. There’s quite a large weighting towards the on-page content in the local search listings, so it’s important that, where possible, you squeeze the most value out of your content. Here are some tips for on page optimization.
- Try to add your City/Region, plus a relevant keyword, within your landing page title tag.
- Try to add your City/Region, plus a relevant keyword, within your landing page H1 tag.
- Try to add your City/Region, plus a relevant keyword, within your landing page URL.
- Try to add your City/Region, plus a relevant keyword, within your landing page content.
- Try to add your City/Region, plus a relevant keyword, within your landing page image ALT attributes.
Results Business Marketing
St Paul, Minneapolis SEO